VAC4081 – Health, Safety & Environment Manager – DP World Berbera, Located In Somaliland
The individual assigned to this position will be responsible for the HSE Management of the Terminal including all related facilities and activities. The role also requires for the development, implementation and monitoring of all HSE systems to ensure safe and efficient operations while reducing the impact to the environment as much as possible.
The individual selected will be required to have a more “on the ground” presence to control, train and embed HSE requirements to enhance a positive work culture. The role will report direct to the terminal Chief Operating Officer (COO) for day to day activities and the Regional HSE team for technical assistance and direction.
- Promote and develop a positive HSE work culture and environment that embraces DP Worlds zero harm philosophy
- Develop, implement and maintain a local HSE strategy and improvement plan in line with regional / global HSE strategies to objectives and KPI’s.
- Develop, implement and maintain a HSE management system
- Conduct monthly HSE committee meetings to measure the HSE performance, highlight risk to the business and promote positive HSE practices and developments
- Prepare and submit HSE reports on a weekly / monthly basis measuring compliance against DP World standards, identifying areas for improvement, competence requirements for personnel and positive HSE efforts and achievements
- Develop, manage and monitor all risk assessments, risk registers and risk profiles for the terminal in consultation and collaboration with all departments
- Conduct incident investigations and implement effective corrective and preventative controls to prevent reoccurrence
- Develop, manage and monitor emergency response preparedness for all activities and operations including regular emergency mock drills and exercises
- Liaison as necessary with government authorities, industry bodies or other organizations relevant
- Management and development of HSE staff reporting to HSE Manager position
- Development, implementation and monitoring of Contractors HSE Management
- Ensures operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner and in conformance to DP World standards and local legislations.
- Management of all applicable legislation including changes and updates; locally and internationally which impact the HSE management and activities of the terminal
- Develop, implement and manage a Hazardous Waste Storage and Operation control system in line with IMDG code, DP World standards and local / international standards
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as our customers
- Minimum 5-10 years’ practical experience as a Safety & Environment manager;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in heavy industries and environments; (Ports and terminals are beneficial)
- Experience in leading critical incident investigations;
- Experience in the development and implementation of HSE management systems;
- Experience in liaising with government, regulatory, industry and labor organizations;
- Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels within the organization and lead / mentor workgroups and individuals;
- Excellent influencing skills demonstrated through verbal and written communication.
- Advanced knowledge of the English is a must.
- Ability to work “on the ground” to control, interact and drive HSE improvements
Dubai, UAE :DP World, Ltd. (DP World) alerts job applicants and the public about a fraudulent scheme in which DP World has been impersonated.
- Impersonate DP World;
- Impersonate DP World employees;
- Conduct “job interviews” via text message, telephone, e-mail, and/or instant message (including Google Hangout) communications for work-from-home positions;
- “Hire” employees to join DP World;
- Provide the “employees” with funds to buy home-office equipment and pay DP World “vendors” via fraudulent checks and money orders; and
- Instruct the “employees” via e-mail, text message, telephone, or instant message to deposit the checks into their personal bank accounts and wire or cash transfer some portion of the funds to “vendors,” which are actually the scammers.
- DP World is not expanding its operations in the United States in the next 3-6 months (as the scammers allege);
- DP World’s operations in the United States are currently limited to Charlotte, North Carolina and are not expanding to any other locations for the foreseeable future;
- DP World does not solicit potential employees via text message or instant messaging;
- DP World does not interview employees by text message, e-mail, or instant messaging (including Google Hangouts);
- DP World does not issue payment to its employees, prospective or otherwise, via paper check or money order;
- DP World does not require employees to buy their own office equipment or personally pay vendors; and
- The scammers have fraudulently used the name of DP World and its employees without authority and for malicious purposes.
One of the red flags that distinguishes a false communication from a legitimate DP World communication is the poor grammatical use of the English language, which is apparent in conversations with the scammers. Another red flag is the method of communication as DP World does not use commercially-available e-mail providers. No legitimate DP World communication would come from a common, publicly-available email service like Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Outlook.
Further, false communications can also be identified by the tasks requested by the scammers. DP World does not request that its employees pay vendors personally, whether from their own funds or from funds provided by DP World. Likewise, DP World would never ask an employee to cash a check or money order and then make a deposit into a vendor’s account.
Contacted individuals should not respond to any communication regarding the scam, and under no circumstances should any individual deposit any checks, money orders, or other payments from the scammers into their bank accounts. If such funds are for some reason deposited, no payments should be made from those funds for at least seven (7) days after the funds are deposited to ensure the individual’s bank has accepted the check, money order, or other payment.