SOMALIA Senior Program Officer, WV
World Vision is a humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded 65 years ago and now working in over 90 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of disaster-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As Senior Program Officer, WV Somalia, you will lead in grant acquisition and management of a grant portfolio. Actively build donor relationship in support of acquisition. You will lead program and proposal development and design for high-value, competitive, complex funding opportunities, in line with WVSom strategy. You will help with the review monthly, quarterly and annual reports for submission to donors and SOs ensuring quality compliance and donor satisfaction. You will also support the creation and promotion of strategic alliances with donors, multilateral agencies, and other NGOs for purposes of resources mobilization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development studies or related field
- 3 to 5 years international programming experience in a grant funded humanitarian and / or emergency program. Preferably with one or two previous assignments in a fragile context.
- Training in humanitarian standards is desirable with specific training in donor requirements e.g. OFDA, DFID, GAC, ADH and Europe Aid.
- Proven experience in networking with donors and partners to bring about funding opportunities.
- Work environment: Field based in either Baidoa or Hargaisa. The position requires frequent travel to different offices in Somalia, a dynamic and often insecure context; when in Somalia accommodation is in team houses.