This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
11 Apr 2017
Muqdisho Nutrition Coordinator
- Working closely with the field programme Coordinator Zonal coordinators and Medical Officers
- the Nutrition Coordinator will be responsible for;
- Follow-up and ongoing analysis of the nutrition context in Gedo Region.
- Definition, supervision and monitoring of Trócaire Nutrition programmes, in compliance with national guidelines and in coherence with identified humanitarian needs.
- Provision of continuous guidance and technical support on all aspects of nutrition.
- Design and ensure the timely and correct use of monitoring tools.
- Supervise collection and compilation of nutrition programme data in geographic area of responsibility, and ensure meticulous and timely reporting
- Ensure compliance of programmes in terms of achieving results stipulated in current grants
- Compilation, analysis and feedback on monthly reports from the nutrition programmes
- Submit weekly statistics and monthly narrative report to the Senior Health and Nutrition Coordinator
- Technical input into donor proposal writing and reporting.
- Identify training needs, plan and implement relevant trainings for Somalia health nutrition staff,
- Supervise and evaluate performance of nutrition staff
- Organize initial and on-job training for staff on nutrition guidelines and protocols
- Organize nutrition programme supplies; ordering, stocking and distribution and monitoring of consumption and monthly reporting on consumption
- Ensure that therapeutic foods and the nutritional equipment are in place on a monthly basis
- Support nutrition assessments/surveys, monitoring and evaluation of the nutrition programme
- Lead the processes of community mobilization to ensure community participation as relates to the nutrition programme activities
- Represent the organization in meetings in the field, including nutrition cluster and MOH meetings.
- Lead by example, working to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and integrity
- Maintain good, positive contacts with the Ministry of Health (MOH), local authorities,and district health board to ensure their involvement in programme activities.
- Other duties assigned from time to time
- Efficient and effective functioning of the nutrition programme in Gedo
- Delivery of the nutrition results as outlined in the programme strategy
- Effective and well trained nutrition staff implementing the programme
- Qualified Nutritionist or Nurse with Extensive experience in managing nutrition Programmes.
- Further qualification in public health, nutrition or related subject is Desirable.
- At least two years’ experience in managing emergency nutrition programmes.
- Demonstrable knowledge of CMAM
- Skills in training and management.
- Ability to manage own work and deliver results.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent inter-personal, communications and representative skills (written, oral,
- cross-cultural).Ability to speak Somalia will be an added advantage.
- Computer literacy and report writing skills
- Ability to work effectively with multi-cultural teams.
- Willingness to work in Somalia environment in unsocial hours and harsh conditions