HARGEISA SOMALILAND LEAD Finance Officer Somalia
LEAD Finance Officer Somalia (Open to Somali nationals only)
23 March 2017
Full-time for 12 months with possibility for extension
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship, so that young ambitious people are empowered to lead their conflict affected society into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing not-for-profit development organization with 80 staff members which supports young entrepreneurs to start or grow their own businesses. SPARK provides displaced youth with access to higher education in fragile areas. Moreover, SPARK assists post-secondary education institutions to reform their curricula to better meet the needs of the labour markets. Based in Amsterdam, SPARK has offices in among others Abidjan, Amman, Beirut, Belgrade, Bujumbura, Gaziantep, Erbil, Hargeisa, Juba, Kigali, Mitrovica, Monrovia, Ramallah, Sanaa and Tunis.
SPARK is currently looking to fill the position of:
LEAD Finance Officer Somalia
SPARK as consortium leader, together with its partners Shaqodoon (Somalia), TAMSS (Tunisia) and IACE (Tunisia), has been selected by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (NLMFA) to implement a programme on Local Employment in Africa for Development (LEAD). The SPARK/Shaqodoon/IACE/TAMSS proposal focuses on improving the social-economic position of youth in Libya, Somalia and Tunisia, with a heavy focus on youth job creation through entrepreneurship development and SME growth.
Implementation of the programme commenced on 1 January 2016.
We are looking for a Finance Officer to manage and oversee all finances related to the SPARK Somalia office and activities conducted in country and oversee local partner finance activities Somalia under supervision of the LEAD Programme Manager.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Overall (financial) administration for the office and project activities;
· Monitoring and data entry of M&E systems;
· Monitoring of all financial agreements and activities with local partners;
· Input of all Somalia related financial records (including local partner reports) into Spark financial systems
· Prepare monthly office instalment requests
· Prepare monthly payroll sheets for Spark staff
· Managing the office budget;
· Other tasks as required.
Requirements and Skills:
· Somali National
· Educational background or relevant experience in Financial Management, Project management and/or Education Sector
· Minimum 3-5 years of experience in administrative and financial management in projects
· Proven working experience in Somalia in similar field of work
· Good communication and social skills and the ability to work in a multicultural setting.
· Accurate, structured and precise;
· Fluent command of the Somali and English languages are a prerequisite for selection.
· Strong writing and reporting skills.
· Remuneration according to relevant work experience;
· International and dynamic working environment;
· Full-time for 12 months with possibility for extension
· We are looking for candidates who can start as soon as possible. Nationals of the country are strongly encouraged to apply.